Saturday, June 5, 2010

What a Journey!




Today dawned so sunny and such a blue sky. It is close to 90 degrees but so very humid and no breeze. For several days we've been under severe weather but it seems to pass all around us and all we get is a very little rain. Oh well - its just the beginnings of summer.

I worked on my AB this afternoon for a little bit. I started gathering my collage papers and tearing the edges. I like the natural look. I've decided my book will be about several periods of my life. The first part will be a little jaunt through the states when my grandparents took my cousin and I out west for the summer of 1963. When in high school, I dreamed of visiting those romantic places in Europe, Austria, Switzerland, Germany. So I figured the only way I would be able to see Europe was on Uncle Sam's dime - so I joined the Air Force. From 1974 through 1984 I spent those years in Europe. Unfortunately, many of those pictures were lost in albums that were made before archival safe products were available and my photos did disintegrate! The pictures may have faded, but so far my memory is intact! The last part are the travels my husband and I are doing in our RV upon our retirement. This may end up in another volume but for now, enjoy the beginnings of my Altered Book - the start! As always, please let me know you've been here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kerry!
    Your blog looks great! Your altered book looks like it's coming along really well. I love the page with the postcards on it (collage)
    great job with everything.
    (((HUGS)))
    Clara

    ReplyDelete