Saturday, July 24, 2010

It’s Been a While!

Oh my.  When I logged onto my blog I was shocked to see that it’s been a month since I was last here.   I certainly didn’t mean to be gone so long.   I’ve kept busy in my ARTHaven working on various projects.  A couple of years ago I happened upon a blog of a woman who decorated wooden purses.  She had many, many styles and they were all decorated so brightly and with various themes.  I decided I’d give it a try.  So I researched a couple ways to cover them, using paint, paper or material.  I found some lovely material that would work. 

100_0500100_0503

I then remembered some paper I ordered and never used.  First I had to find where I put it and finally, in a corner there it stood.  The pictures aren’t the best – hard to hold rolled up paper and the camera! 

100_0507 100_0504100_0505

These are all oriental papers.  I make a copy of the paper and use that, saving the original for other projects.  Paints used can be any type of craft paint.  I did one purse in oriental paper – red, and forgot to take a picture of it.  The next purse, still in progress, is the same type but by changing the paper can change the style of the purse in a flash. 

100_0524 100_0525

I also worked on some decoupage, one of my favorite crafts to do.  Sometimes just sitting and cutting out the little flowers can be so relaxing.  This is a chest I’m making, just about finished.  Wouldn’t it make a cute box on top of your dresser to hold your treasures?

100_0526

Those are just a few things I’ve been working on.  I’m also working on a board book, a book of memories for a very special person in my life. 

100_0454 100_0435

And on a very sad note.  July 4, 2010, my beautiful golden retriever, Barnabus, aka Barney, collapsed and died.  The vet said it was a massive cardiac episode.  Barney was only in my life for a short six years – but he made a big impression.  He left a large hole and an empty spot for his companion, our female golden retriever Meggie MaGee. 

100_0475 barneyb

We are currently going through the process of adopting a rescue dog through GRREAT – Golden Retriever Rescue, Education and Training – the local golden rescue in our area.  We’ve been through the interview and home study and are just awaiting our letter of dogs that are available. 

Gosh, now I know why I haven’t updated the blog – I’ve been busy!  I worked on this card, which I thought turned out to be one of my most favorite cards – it is for my mother, who is very ill and is now in hospice.  Dementia has taken over – how I’ve come to hate that word.  She doesn’t remember many people at all and at times doesn’t even remember me. 

100_0478

That’s it.  I’ve held you captive long enough.  I have more but will make that another entry.  Thank you for stopping by and gazing at the pieces I’ve made.  I’d love to know that you were here. 

Kerry

2 comments:

  1. I love your pieces Kerry. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry thanks for the kind words on my blog. I'm now following you. I too am fairly new to the cricutdemowa. I absolutly love this card. It's so beautiful.
    ~Sarah
    www.simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete