Monday, August 9, 2010

New Addition

A little over a month ago, my male golden retriever suddenly collapsed and died.  It was devastating – to me because I just adored Barney, but to Meggie our female golden retriever who had become inseparable since the day they met.   I must admit that I’ve never seen a dog go into a depression, but that is exactly what happened with Meggie.  So, we decided we should find another companion.  We’d never find another Barney but we could find another companion and playmate.  So we went to GRREAT (Golden Retriever Rescue Education and Training) to adopt.  We were very lucky to find Buddy, a 17 month old male golden retriever.  Buddy is actually from Serbia and because his owners over there decided they couldn’t take care of him,  the vet knew someone in the US Embassy who knew someone in GRREAT, and GRREAT decided to sponsor Buddy to the states.  I applied to adopt him and here he is.  100_0591  

Buddy is in front, Meggie is in back.  They met yesterday and immediately started to play and haven’t been apart since.  When Buddy wants something, he kind of gurgles, growls, howls but it is his way of talking to us.  We think he is a perfect match for Meggie!

I am also a member of ARTHaven_Creations and Friendship, a Yahoo group.  Usually I have some pieces of art to upload, today is not one of those days.  But I do want to mention that a very good friend is celebrating her 100th Blog post and I’d love to direct you to her blog to see some absolutely fantastic pieces of art.  She can be located at http://elaineakers.blogspot.com and I’m sure you will enjoy looking through her blog.   Until next time. 

Kerry

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

2 comments:

  1. Buddy is beautiful and Meggie looks so content. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Kerry, Buddy is adorable!!! Glad they are getting along.

    ReplyDelete